Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The First Day Of School

I am probably twice as excited as Isaac! He did well getting ready to go today. We get there, and figure out the new routine and find where things are. Then I make Isaac put his back pack back on so that I can take a picture of him in his class room for his first day of school. I have already called his teacher today. Yes, I will be one of THOSE moms. Actually, Isaac has been out of speech therapy for a year now, mostly due to the stress of the move last year and my inability to find proper services. So I gave the teacher a call to see what she had to say about her program and how it might help Isaac. She is going to screen him and will be able to have someone else do an assessment if there are any flags. If he still needs therapy someone will come to the school and work with him. I wish it had been that easy last year. But anyway we are back on top of things now. Plus, she let me know that he is doing fine today and shows "with it" skills (following directions and whatnot). I do feel good that I did not cry. I know so many Moms that cry when their kids go off to school. But here I am with two kids. I can feed them and dress them, but now I fear there is much more to it than that. I have to remember show and tell. And the teacher is specific. Tomorrow is something grandparent related. I have to remember this every week. I barely remember my own stuff to bring! I hope there is not much homework. We all know in the years to come I can't help him with chemistry!

Poor Zoey lost in the mess. She has to be exactly like Isaac and I haven't gotten to the point where I just automatically do everything in 2s yet. When I did Ik's pictures, I did hers also, but I made her wait on the slippers and plant. Oh--she does not like to be left out!

I have recently taken many pictures of the kids, so they will be soon to come. I usually don't have a problem taking pictures of Ike so I didn't take very many. Zoey on the other hand is a stinker so I took about 50! I used Dixie's technique to just keep pushing the button and eventually you will get something good. And I bet out of the 50 I got about 4 good ones!

No comments: