Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mommy Stuff

Yesterday I was driving into work, there was a light fog. Isaac says "Mom, it is foggy out. We should stay home until it goes away." Don't I wish! But I didn't think my boss would be too excited and I told Isaac his teacher would want him to be at school.
What is Isaac's favorite part of school? My guess was show and tell. Isaac's answer "Everything."
I never noticed that I say "totally" alot. But I think may be I do and Isaac has picked up on that. He is so cute when he says "That is so totally cool!" or "You can totally do that" or "I totally like that"
Isaac has been bringing home new songs from school and Zoey being just like Isaac has learned them as well. Zoey goes around the house singing "We all lib in the Milky Wabe, the Milky Wabe, the Milky Wabe." I am finally starting to let her be more independant. She has been my baby, while Isaac has been my big boy that I forget to let her grow up sometimes. She loves attention for her singing. Unfortunately, she sings like me. Things like ring around the posey, I'm a little tea pot and wheels on the bus are really big hits right now. She is old enough to play some games, like memory and the 123 Diego game.
My kids LOVE projects. Last summer when my kids were 1 and 3 the daycare lady here had them use the glue stick and construction paper. They were given choices of things they wanted to put on their paper like colored dry macaroni, cotton balls, tissue paper, beans. Things with all different colors and textures. Isaac is very conservative with his projects, where as Zoey is very liberal. She uses all the paint, colors and all the space on her paper. I can always pick out which paper belongs to my child by how much is on the paper and sometimes even by design, without even seeing the name on it. My biggest help so far is to purchase items at the dollar store. Things there are much cheaper than even Walmart. I have gone to nickelodeon.com and printed off pages for them to color so that they can have as much spongebob or dora as they want. I have yet to find a really good website for actual projects. We have just been doing ones that I remember from my childhood. I will post the site, though if I find a good one.

No comments: