Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh, this is a great Rambling day!!

Somedays I really don't know where to start. I had kinda a cruddy week last week, so for the weekend I did mostly nothing. I worked soccer on Saturday, which the weather turned out great. We lost, but had good games. I went home and had a movie night with the kids while Chris went out and hunted. He tried to hunt in the same area as a black bear. Chris gave up and came home. Sunday should be church day. Isaac should be in sunday school. Well as it turns out our church is moving (closer to us by the way). So because we are in the process of moving, sunday school has not officially started yet. But we are sharing our current church with the Four Square congregation that purchased our building, making for one HUGE congregation on sundays. So I opted to stay home and watch the Vikings dwindle away a win, while my husband went hunting. He encountered another bear!
I am so excited a new week is here! What could be better? I can't believe how much energy I had yesterday. I even worked out (am oh so sore today). Now really, I feel bad about how my day ended. It was our 8th anniversary. We were thinking about going to see the late movie, as I always give massages on Monday nights and I didn't make an exception to this one. We are still going out, but decided that another night would be better. Of course we have had these tickets for like a month and haven't had time to use them so who knows. Anyway, on my way home I pick up a card and some beer for the loved one. Get home in time to put the kids to bed and fall asleep in the chair watching the Andy Griffith Show.
I am pretty sure that the extra energy I had yesterday was stolen from today. It is taking a bit to get going. Notice I am blogging instead of working out. I have volleyball tonight, massage (to give)tomorrow, parents night at Isaac's school and a possible date on Thursday and football on Friday. My days are busy and while I am glad for that, I do miss having my tuesday and thurday mornings off to catch up on things.
I was at the dollar store earlier and they of course have Christmas stuff out already. I actually started to get that warm fuzzy, christmas time gives you, and it felt so good. But then I realized that it is only September and I need to stay focused! I still have a birthday to plan and halloween costumes to figure out in the next couple of weeks. I haven't asked the kids yet what they want to be. Sometimes I am tempted to just use costumes from last year. Even though Zoey didn't wear her Elmo outfit more than five minutes for halloween last year, she wears it all over the house now.
Random side note: I noticed my friend Meg mentioned National talk like a pirate day on her blog. We were on the way to daycare/school and the radio station announced that it was talk like a pirate day. I thought--Oh, Isaac will love that! So I told him and I started talking like a pirate while driving to our desination. He totally did not believe me. He didn't even talk like a pirate while we were in the car. Nope. Just me. I was the only Soost to have fun with talk like a pirate day. Which is odd, cuz Ike watches Sponge Bob and knows how and usually does talk like a pirate.

No comments: