Saturday, September 1, 2007

I keep forgetting

An eerie feeling--when it feels like rain, but you don't know if it is cloudy or not. It hasn't been quite that smokey recently, but its spookey. Last night we went to the football game and left at half time. By the time we got home and kids in jams it was pouring. This morning there was water standing in our lawn furniture. How absolutely wonderful.

I almost forgot--I have made it here a year! I look back at what I was doing a year ago and it makes me feel bored, or that I should be doing more. Between finding a house, daycare, packing for the kids, running around picking them up and dropping them off and ususally taking them to work with me. Life is a lot less hectic now.

But--A whole new time is upon us. I picked up the kids from daycare yesterday and Isaac had his blanky. I asked if it was time to wash it again. He said no, but I am not going to daycare anymore, I have school. He was right. The next time I drop him off it willl be at school and not upstairs at the daycare. Holy Cow, how did this day come so fast. I have been working for a few weeks now, so I knew it was coming, but already? We have to get him a hair cut, new slippers and probably some pants that don't make him look like he is waiting for a flood. I can't believe how much he has grown too. I haven't measured my kids in over a year. I used to do it in their room about every six months or so (whenever it looked like they grew). But I did it right on the wall not realizing that 4 years later I wouldn't be able to pack it in my car on the move to MT. I still have the urge to mark it on the wall, but am waiting until I get a paper one that can be saved in their baby books or something.

No comments: