Thursday, March 29, 2007

How long have we been out of college? Dear God.

So as most of you probably already know, Chris and I really are not that extravigant. We are probably the rednecks of the group. So when we were in college (which we have been done with for how many years now maybe 8 years) we used a lot of hand me down furniture, including a love seat Chris found somewhere. Luckily when we moved to Gillette we were able to up grade to a couch and chair purchased from a furniture store and no one had owned them before. So this move I convinced Chris that we should get rid of the free table and chairs we have had for the last 9 years. I am pretty sure it was in style in 1982 and was fabulous then, but free in 1998 and two kids later--no good. So to make a long story long, we got a new set delivered today! I am so excited! The kids and I made some funfetti cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles while listening to some CMT. Good times. I am not sure the delivery guys were gone yet by the time Zoey had frosting all over my new dining room set. But what's life without a little frosting?
Its a sunny warm 45 degrees out today. The kids did get a chance to go on the deck and blow some bubbles this morning. However, while all sounds well, don't forget I am a meanie. We still have quite a few boxes from moving. Isaac loves them and is very frustrated if I try to thow any away. So last night he wants to sleep in a small box and I flat out told him NO. I made him sleep in his bed with his spiderman comforter and he cried and cried while calling a me a meanie. "Your just a meanie Mom."

No comments: