Sunday, November 9, 2008

Marge, you're as pretty as Princess Leia and as smart as Yoda. ~The Simpsons

Gillette is like this totally hoppin' town. Betcha didn't know that! We just opened up a new venue--The Wyoming Center at the Camplex. It has two auditoriums and a new ice rink. It opened on Friday so I took the kids to see the Chinese Dragon Acrobats. It was a usual outing for the Soosts. I give them the lecture that we are there to see the acrobats so no crying, fighting, hitting or asking to buy things. All of those mentioned happened before the show even started. Luckily once the show started and the kids visually learned what acrobat meant they were pretty impressed. After the guy did the chair stacking thing up to the ceiling and did his acrobatics up high, Zoey said "He's my boyfriend." Oh boy, I may actually be raising a girl. I tried to take pictures but trying to find the right setting for my distance, lighting and their movement was quite difficult. So now that we have the Wyoming Center Kenny Rogers is coming to sing to us. Yeah, I don't think I am going to that one, but you never know someone fun might come.


Now as for this week--also hoppin'. I had super busy days of work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday which was good cuz I didn't work Thursday Friday due to conferences. Yep, Ike had his first kindergarten conferences. His teacher had all wonderful things to say and he is doing well. He also started the Gate enrichment program so that he does not get bored during the day. I did not get the chance yet to visit with his enrichment teacher, so I'll find out next week exactly what kind of things he is working on there. They gave out gift certificates to Golden Corral to the kindergartners, which really made them happy. Thursday I also got to watch Emily for the morning and the kids had a great time. Yesterday and today the guys went hunting. Got a turkey yesterday. And today Zoey has a princess birthday party to go to.


I don't usually post this kind of stuff, but also this week my mother-in-law was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer. It is non-aggressive and has not spread. The outcome looks good, but there are still changes and decisions to be made in the next weeks to come.

No comments: