Sunday, November 9, 2008

Opie, you haven't finished your milk. We can't put it back in the cow, you know. ~From The Andy Griffith Show

Our Sundays are more like Mondays than anything else. Chris gets up early to check out his jobs for the day and then he is on his way. Today they had him all over driving from Dayton to Buffalo then back up to Sheridan. The rest of us get up shortly thereafter. Zoey is ready for morning time. Isaac needs much coaxing. He is not ready for morning time, not ready for church and he was coughing last night. We are lucky to have church so close to us. We get there as it starts and are forced to sit near the front today. Isaac brought his children's bible and was surprizing well today. May be Zoey will be next time. We came home. Had some lunch and started watching the football game. Zoey had changed into her Vikings jersey as soon as we had gotten home. Shortly after lunch I told Zoey to go take a nap and she DID. I finished watching the Vikings win by the skin of their teeth and got a ton of yuchy house work done. Very productive. Ike worked on his numbers (because he wanted to). And the kids played so well today. Sometimes it is just amazing, they even asked to sit by eachother at supper tonight. Which by the way I messed up. I had an itch to cook the other day and made a lazagna ahead of time so we could have it soon, but not feel totally overwhelmed by it. I was really looking forward to it. Chris had bought some texas toast to have with it since he doesn't like the garlic toast I usually make. So I got the texas toast out and started to cook it per the instructions on the box. Couple minutes-flip-couple more minutes. I had that part down fine. I even set the timer for each two block frame as my oven tends to cook fast. Well then the box said if I wanted a crispier crust I could stick it in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. So I stuck it in thinking this was going to be some good bread. I did not set the timer. Put some cups and milk out on the table and vala --all 8 pieces of bread not just burnt, but on fire! There's toasted for ya. So there is a quick little look into how my days usually go. Zoey said she liked the zanya.

No comments: