Friday, August 17, 2007

Back to School

This week has been 100% busy. All sports started on Monday. I don't have my training room ready yet. Just got ice yesterday. I don't have mornings off anymore, so I have been getting up early and working late, plus the smoke is just getting worse so I think that is slowing me down a bit as well. After practice I have been giving massages and Tuesday we gave a sports medicine conference for the coaches in Erueka (probably more than an hour north of here).
Chris's birthday was yesterday. He is now 32. We went out to eat at Byerly's. Since the kids did not seem hungry, it was a long meal. Zoey ate her ranch with her fingers and none of her chicken. Isaac tore his corndog apart, but didn't eat it. Chris told Zoey that if she didn't eat she would have to go sit in the car by herself. To Chris's surprize she opted for the car.
This moringing I got a packet of info for Isaac to start school. I can't believe he is in school! (or will be on Sept 4). His school list is different than mine was when I was his age. He needs rubber soled plain inside slippers, any size indoor plant or tree, change of clothes and a picture of himself. I got a list of events through out the year listing conferences, thanksgiving feast, christmas bazaar, graduation and play. He even gets a spring break! I am so excited for him. Yesterday I asked him what he did that was fun (as he already told me he had fun all day) and he said he did a paper. Which means he did a dot to dot or counting or letters or something. So I think he will really like going to school. Every day he will have math, reading, language, circle (calendar, weather, presentations, graphing, experiments ect), listening comprehension/rest and this year they will be rotating times for spanish/art/keyboarding/pe. Plus they have the option to take swim lessons, which cost extra of course.
This all comes of course with fund raisers. They collect box tops, ink cartridges and soup lables for anyone who would like to help out. Labels include: Campbell's, Pepperidge Farm, Pace Sauce, Prego, Swanson and V8 products.

No comments: