Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Smell of Rain

Yesterday, as I blogged, we got a short but hard bout of rain. So even though seven more fires started, I can see the mountains today. It smelled so good outside today. It hasn't been as hot either--low 80's upper 70's.

I watched Oprah today to see what she had to say about women in their thirties. It really wasn't as eye opening or revolutionary as I expected it to be. One lady did make note of how important your friendships are in your thirties to pull you through on whatever road life has you traveling down. I have to agree with that.

Well sports are officially in full swing. We had a coaches meeting this morning (at which a wonderful breakfast was served). The meeting was at 7am. Guess how early I have to get up to get me and the kids ready for that. Way too early. Practice starts on Friday and the first football game is Aug 17th. I am so glad I love what I do. I am so excited that the new season is here. Everything is a very fresh start with a brand new highschool. We are all excited and have high standards to set. I may have enjoyed not working much over the summer, but I have to admidt I don't know what I would do without fall sports starting up! By the way--did any of you happen to watch the X Games? That fall that Jake Brown took was AMAZING.http://http//sports.espn.go.comand click on X Games or Jake Brown. I still can't believe that he walked away--or LET him walk away. I have been watching the X Games for about 5 years and have not seen so many nasty crashes. I would love to cover the X Games some day, not sure what the requirements are. I nearly forgot that Barry Bonds hit homer #756. Sports are so political and crazy these days--but booing someone for doing their best just seems rude.

No comments: