Sunday, August 12, 2007

What a Fabulous Weekend!


I had two strong days of football. It feels good to be back at it again. Yesterday, after I got home from work, we went camping. I have not been camping in such a long time and missed it. We went on the east side of the Hungry Horse Reservoir and stayed at a campground called Devil's Corkscrew. We did some minimal fishing, ate hot dogs and the kids played flashlight tag. It was wonderful. The only bummer is that with fire restrictions we couldn't have a camp fire. The kids asked to go to bed, so we all climbed into the tent and found our spot. It took the kids a good 20 minutes to calm down and stop talking and asking so many questions. I find it amazing how much I like to sleep in the tent when I kept rolling towards the bottom and was up all night making sure Zoey wasn't too cold. Chris does well taking us all into the wilderness, but we are a loud and somewhat demanding bunch. He gets stressed and I am not sure I can talk him into taking us for two nights.
My head is still filled with thoughts of things to do and not exactly the laundry, dishes and toys that will need to be attended to before tomorrow starts. Its more like how many massages should I be doing, how many hours will I be spending in the training room (especially since this year I will have Chris here to help out) and should I check into becoming the strength and conditioning coach this fall. Why not. I would enjoy it. Oh, I am also teaching myself this weekend how to knit a hat. So far so good, but I am not very far. On the ride home I realized I really need to focus on the things I am already doing and possibly not start more things. I enjoy my job, when politics are not mentioned and my family is wonderful. Chris is still willing to put up with me, even though I am constantly preoccupied with a handful of other things. I just have to stay busy. Last Thursday as we were going around the loop, I stopped to say hi to one of the neighbors. We had a very nice chat and our kids got to play together.
PS.. Montana does not suck. Please come visit us.

No comments: