Thursday, May 3, 2007

Balance or just a lot of Rambling

I can't believe that this is the first week of May! I have sucessfully made it through this crash landing of a job--I think. I have three weeks left of athletics and that includes hosting state softball this year. So I start thinking--I might still be going to the school during the last week of May to close up the training room and do some paperwork, but really I have a lot of time on my hands. So what do I do? I ask my boss for some office space and start advertising as a massage therapist again. Then I talk to the athletic director about starting up some performance enhancement programs for the athletes. I oringinally took this job because I thought that it would bring balance into my life. I have time to spend with my kids and summers to spend with my family and time to enjoy my career. However, it appears that no matter the outside factors I am still pretty much just crazy! It has been determined that 9 performance enhancement sessions would really be cutting it close especially since I have not started marketing yet. So with any luck I can make some extra money on Monday and Wednesday afternoons with massage, have tuesday/thursdays off and a half day on Friday (making daycare more affordable). I guess I am just going to have to start keeping up with the housework and have fun watching my kids swim in the river. However, that river is way up right now and flows pretty fast. So I guess may be I will have time to take them to some swimming lessons.
For those that haven't heard yet, the local hospital has offered to supply two certified athlteic trainers (one to each high school) for free next year. I don't work for the hospital and I am not crazy about returning to basically the same job I had in Gillette. So we'll see what happens for next year.
I am still making it to Minnesota during July. I will leave Montana June 28th with hopes of arriving late on the 29th. I will be driving and spending the night in Gillette. I am so excited.

No comments: